Is Abortion Right or Wrong? Is There Any Justification for Abortion?



Is Abortion Right: What Justifies Killing of Babies

I happened on a Facebook thread today. A lady who is 6 weeks pregnant was trying to abort her baby.

She had already used misoprostol but didn't see any blood or sign of successful abortion.

So, she was asking people to
please tell her what else to use to safely abort the pregnancy.

I couldn't help but be sad. Actually, I wept! I shed hot tears!

I tell people abortion does not really release you from being a mother, it only makes you the mother of a dead child!

I've had occasion to enter the SBU ward at the University College Hospital, Ibadan (UCH).

This ward is where babies who were born prematurely are taken care of.

I tell you, these babies have complete body parts just like you and me!

They feel pain too! Sometimes, the paediatricians would need to give an injection or draw a blood sample and you will see it visibly that these babies, some who are just 20+ weeks old are feeling the pain!

Dear, these babies you kill in the name of abortion also have the right to live!

As at 6weeks, they already have a heart that is beating just like mine and yours!

Please say no to abortion, embrace adoption or better still ZIP UP!

Don't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant!

Enough said!

N.B: I know there are genuine cases where mothers are advised by their doctors to terminate their pregnancies due to defects or to save mother's life.

I cannot categorically judge cases like that. My prayer, in that case, is that "God lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil."

I cannot trivialise the weight of responsibility this places on such parents, I leave them to their conscience and God.

All the same, I have read about parents in such situations who decided to be brave and give their babies a chance to live.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY IS IT WRONG TO MARRY AN UNBELIEVER AS A BELIEVER?

SOME REMEDIES THAT DO NOT WORK DURING COLD WEATHER AND WHAT WORKS